MY SLAY QUEEN PAL

I have got this slay queen pal who is always the first to invent picture postures, sleek make over, smooth talker
Is there anything like having a talent in knowing how to press QWERTY buttons? Well she has that, she is just so Wow! the most sought after , am like non- existing where she is
She is Soooo Creative! But definitely not with cooking
"JULIANNA  Coman cook na!"
The Statement that Started THE WORST DISASTER of the century
"Oh kay! Ziyadah, You gonna love mah reci-PEE " so goes the WARNING which was sounding itself through a mega phone but I was too deaf at the moment to hear for I was hungry and even my name sounded like food
The Food Came and the Aroma was really SMELLING like PEE
Yeah! That was the Salt telling me "Hey! Am in here in large amount"
My first taste was like a war zone, can't really deduce if the rice was soaked or boiled because I could no longer feel my tongue enough to actually know what the stew tasted like I had to gulp down the Rice-PEE  with water..the only thing that tasted friendly at that moment
Well guess I would just go straight to eating the compliment without continuing with the food ...that was thought, remember I said I was hungry? I meant it!
So I picked up the fish or meat or was it a Lizard ? I can't remember but I can swear I could have use it as a table tennis bat...
Well, I had to give up on quenching my hunger for that minute, decided to take my water, after all my last info about water in my primary school days was that it's also a CLASS OF FOOD
Well I ate my water happily
"Are you not eating?" Chimes The Queen's Voice
I looked up to see my pal having a nice time enjoying her "Reci-PEE"
My mouth literally dropped to the floor
Did I ate a different version of what she seems to be enjoying?
Oh! Am waiting for it to get cold
Is yours cold yet? I said, moving to scoop some of hers intomy mouth cause I really need to confirm something...
Well, the familiar taste confirmed it! We were eating the same version of Reci-PEE!.
Guess I don't have a Slay-Queen's  taste bud  after all
Don't mistake my plight for saying slay queens can't cook.
Some can, because we have them in abundance here at the Lagos State University (LASU)...at least I know a pal Catherine, she cooks NICE and DELICIOUS meals even though I have never tasted it.
How I knew? JULIANNA  told me

©Edu Ziyadah Oluwafunmylola

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOST CAUSE

NIGERIA'S APPROACH TOWARDS EDUCATION

SHATTERED FRIEND-SHIP